Whether you have an aversion to doctors or just prefer a more natural method of treatment, there are a variety of alternative options for you. Depending on your ultimate goal, one or more of the following can help you succeed:
- Massage Therapy: Known mainly for relieving stress, massage can also stimulate and soothe muscles and increase range of motion.
- Hypnotherapy: By placing you in a hypnotic trance, the hypnotist taps into your subconscious to locate underlying concerns and help you move past grievances or addictions.
- Acupuncture: Various spots on your body act as pressure points. Stimulating these spots can have a reaction on different parts of your body By inserting ultra-thin needles at precise places on your body, an acupuncturist can use these pressure points to heal, specifically in cases of pain or nausea.
- Chiropractic: By applying pressure and “cracking” certain areas of the spine, the chiropractor will realign the spine. This can relieve pain and pressure along the spine and can relieve symptoms throughout the body.
- Nutrition Response Testing: Using the same pressure points as acupuncture, the practitioner can locate weak points in your body. He or she does this by applying pressure on the pressure point and pushing on your raised arm to detect strength or weakness. In the case of weakness, supplements are placed on your body and the process is repeated to determine which supplements can help your concerns. As time passes, supplements may be added or subtracted, and dietary changes may be made to fine-tune issues and rid your body of toxins and weakness.
To learn more about these alternative medicines, or to find someone who practices them, search online or check out your local phone book. As alternative methods have gained popularity, you may also have luck by asking friends, family members, and coworkers for referrals or checking out local health and wellness fairs for local vendors.
In addition to the more physical techniques above, you may also want to look into other holistic approaches, such as essential oils and reiki. Ask others what has helped them, but be aware that there is rarely a “one size fits all” solution when it comes to health.
As with anything that alters or affects your body, each of these methods may have risks in addition to the perceived benefits. Be sure to get all of the information before partaking.